Dark Horizons is one of the Fiction and Non-Fiction publications from the British Fantasy Society.
Editor: Peter Coleborn
Poetry editor: Ian Hunter
Dark Horizons was first published in 1971. Its contents and subject matter have varied according to the tastes of the editors and the contents of the other magazines being published by the BFS at the same time, but generally include some combination of fantasy, science-fiction and horror-related fiction, articles, poetry and artwork.
It was previously published twice a year, in March and September. The final issue of the current run (#57) appeared in September 2010, after which Dark Horizons became a section in the BFS Journal.
A superb gallery of Dark Horizons covers can be found here.
Past editors have included:
- Rosemary Pardoe (#1-4, 1971-72)
- Trevor Hughes (#5)
- Adrian Cole (#6)
- Adrian Cole and David A. Sutton (#7)
- Darroll Pardoe (#8)
- Stephen Jones (#9–15)
- Geoffrey Noel Smith (#16–17)
- John G. Heron (#18, 1978)
- Mike Chinn and John Merritt (#19–22, 1979–81)
- David A. Sutton (#23–29)
- David J. Howe
- Peter Coleborn/Mike Chinn/Phil Williams (#37, 1998)
- Peter Coleborn and Mike Chinn (#38, 1999)
- Debbie Bennett (#39–46, 2001–2004)
- Marie O’Regan (#47, 2005)
- Marie O’Regan and Jenny Barber (#48–49, 2005-2006)
- Peter Coleborn and Jan Edwards (#50–52, 2006–2008)
- Stephen Theaker (#53–57, 2008–2010)
- Sam Stone (#58, 2010)
- Peter Coleborn and Jan Edwards (#59- , 2011-current)
(We’d love to hear from anyone who can fill in the gaps.)